£25000 - £25400 per annum
4 months ago
Role: Kitchen Fitter/ Multi Skilled Operative
Hours: Full Time
About the role:
Our client a social Housing Provider are looking for a team of Kitchen Fitters / Multi Skilled Operatives to join their property services team on a permanent basis to carry out the removal and installation of Kitchens to the Groups Properties across Staffordshire and Shrewsbury
Responsibilities of the Kitchen Fitter/ Multi Skilled Operative:
- To carry out all the traditional duties of a multi-skilled fitter, primarily wet trades, but also including carpentry work to boxing, bath panels, studding, skirting's and doors plus related finishes. A primary part of this work will involve wall and floor tiling to an excellent standard, including fitting shower trays.
- To ensure all work is completed to an excellent standard. Where further work is required contacting Supervisors and agreeing on site with customer. Leaving all sites clean and safe at the close of each day's work shift. To be flexible around working hours to ensure that works are left at a suitable point each day. This will also include similar works to empty properties and schemes.
- To carry out work according to instructions and to a high quality standard, and to meet targets set out within the group's agreed timescales. To keep materials usage to a minimum consistent with required quality standards, and maintain good clear communication channels with Team Leaders and Managers.
- To ensure that work is carried out in accordance with all Health and Safety at Work regulations and codes of practice, and are implemented at all times on site, including wearing protective clothing and safety equipment as supplied, and to attend training as required.
- To provide technical advice, suggestions and recommendations and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- To ensure the reputation of the company is maintained through a professional image and customer service.
- To collect any necessary van stock /goods from stock or from suppliers.
- To ensure that all tools, vehicles, equipment and plant used are kept in good, clean working order and serviced regularly.
Experience of the Kitchen Fitter/ Multi Skilled Operative:
- Previous experience as a multi-skilled tradesperson
- Experience of working within a team
- Manual physical work experience including installing sanitary ware to bathrooms and shower rooms. Plumbing works to bathrooms and kitchens including some drainage work
- Floor and wall tiling to excellent standards
- Carpentry works to boxing, easing doors and fitting skirting's and panelling
- Working on site in customer's homes and communal schemes, and empty properties.
The Kitchen Fitter/ Multi Skilled Operative must have:
- NVQ or City and Guilds in relevant trade
- Full clean driving license
- Be flexible with working hours
- Willing to travel across Staffordshire and Shrewsbury
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://data-processing-notice.