7 months ago
Multi-skilled operative - Plumber
Burton on Trent
Working for a Housing association with stock based across Burton and Uttoxeter. Responsible for carrying out general maintenance to housing stock as part of our voids and responsive maintenance services team.
Must be able to
- Repairing bursts, renewing sections of feed pipework
- Tap overhauls/renewals
- C. overhauls/renewals
- Sanitary ware repair/replacement
- Replacing and piping up kitchen sinks
- Clearing blockages/unblocking drains
- Cylinder repairs/replacements (direct/indirect)
- Preferably able to work on unvented domestic hot water systems
- Ideally experience of fitting wetrooms (including laying and installing polysafe/altro flooring in wet rooms/level access showers)
Secondary trade (Joinery, Plastering etc)
- Plastering - mainly plaster patching to occasional full re-plastering, re-boarding ceilings, artexing, rendering
- Tiling - renew ceramic wall tiling
- Joinery - Gaining entry (including drilling/snapping and changing locks), replacing dgu's, skirting boards, flooring, internal and external doors, framing out baths etc
- NVQ level 2 (level 3 preferable) or City & Guilds in plumbing.
- Strong maintenance knowledge, gained ideally within ahousing/domestic setting.
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Asbestos Awareness training (within last year)
- Manual Handling training (within last year)
- Full Valid Driving License (preferably clean - we will need a disclosure from the DVLA showing any points/convictions).
- DBS checked (within last year) or you are prepared to undertake and provide a standard DBS check on them
- Able to cover callout out-of-hours (17:00 - 08:30 on weekdays, all day Saturday and Sunday on a 5 week rota basis)
- Experience in social housing repairs preferential
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.