over 1 year ago
Multi-Skilled Wet Trade Operative
Temporary, Full Time
We are recruiting for an experienced Wet Trades Operative to complete general maintenance to social housing stock as part of their voids and responsive maintenance services
- Bricklaying - Re-building sections of walling, re-pointing, airbrick installation, lintel replacement, cavity clearing
- Roofing and Chimney works (renewing ridges, hips, roof tiles, sarking felt, pointing verges, renew lead aprons/flashing, fit cowl, renew flaunching, renew chimney pots, renewing corrugated roofing sheets etc) -predominantly done from scaffold, but some ladder works
- Guttering works - clearing, re-aligning, renewing
- Plastering - mainly plaster patching to occasional full re-plastering, re-boarding ceilings, artexing, rendering
- Floor works - renewing floor screed, levelling screeding, renewing vinyl floor tiles
- Concreting - breaking out and renewing paths and floors, re-bedding and renewing paving slabs etc
- Drainage works - unblocking gullies and drainage runs, installing new gullies, drainage runs, inspection chamber frames and lids etc
- Tiling - renew ceramic wall tiling
- Fencing - renewal of fence posts, gravel boards etc
- Ideally additional skills in plumbing
- Experience of social housing
- NVQ level 2 (level 3 preferable) or City & Guilds in bricklaying/plastering.
- Asbestos Awareness training (within last year)
- Manual Handling training (within last year)
- Full Valid Driving License (preferably clean - we will need a disclosure from the DVLA showing any points/convictions).
- DBS checked (within last year) or you are prepared to undertake and provide a full DBS check
- Able to cover callout out-of-hours (17:00 - 08:30 on weekdays, all day Saturday and Sunday on a 5 week rota basis)
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice.