5 months ago
Temp cover for up to 6 months (covering long term sickness)
Ideally 37 hours per week (would be open to part time hours)
Location is flexible (could be based at Stafford or Shrewsbury)
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a neighbourhood coordinator to join their Housing Group within the Housing Services team. You'll be responsible for all tenancy management amendments and requests, including successions, assignments and mutual exchanges. You will co-ordinate and administer tenancies for Neighbourhoods and provide administration support to the teams in Shrewsbury and Stafford. You may also, on occasion, be required to visit customers in their homes.
The responsibilities of the Neighbourhood coordinator will include;
- To provide A&G to customers to ensure they maintain their tenancy in accordance with the tenancy agreement
- To be responsible for the management of all mutual exchange requests, co-ordinating inspection visits for neighbourhood officers
- To be responsible for all succession and assignment enquiries, ensuring all requests are authorised and recorded step by step. You will liaise with the Neighbourhood Officers, Neighbourhood Managers and the in-house legal team for complex cases.
- Proactive in identifying vulnerable individuals and tenancies and make referrals to the relevant department or agency to reduce the risk associated with the tenancy.
- Manage the transfer inspection refusal process, with a view to reducing void costs and identifying breaches of tenancy
The idea candidate for the Neighbourhood coordinator should be;
- Experienced with administration and customer service in a Housing environment
- The ability to think ahead and be proactive on behalf of the customers and the organisation
- Have a commitment to customer care
- The ability to build relationships though excellent communication skills with external agencies
- A current valid UK driving licence and use of their own vehicle for work purposes
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.