about 1 month ago
Role: Neighbourhood Warden
Contract: Temporary (1 month covering sickness)
Hours: 37 hours per week
About the role:
- Carry out regular inspections of communal blocks and garage sites to ensure fire regulation compliance. Ensuring the actions are undertaken to resolve any risks.
- Complete all necessary actions identified in Fire Risk Assessments within agreed timeframes, working closely with the Neighbourhood and Property Teams.
- Ensure that all Communal, Community and Estate areas are safe and clear.
- Acting promptly and efficiently on reports of fly tipping and arranging removal where appropriate.
- Escalating breaches of tenancy to the Neighbourhood Officer.
- Liaise with Property Plus and Customer Services to ensure that any graffiti is reported, cleaned and removed within SLA.
- Report any abandoned vehicles, fly-tipping and/ or bulk waste items as per procedure and, arrange for the vehicle/items to be removed.
- To undertake regular readings of communal meters where necessary
- Carry out all necessary periodic tests that may be required to the safety, security and access systems installed in communities, such as play parks. Recording the results of such tests using appropriate documentation.
- Notifying failures to the relevant teams.
- To carry out monitoring of the grounds maintenance service, responding to customer enquiries and follow up actions
- To carry out estate walkabouts with Officers of Neighbourhood Teams, external agencies such as the police and local Councillors as and when required. Adopting a problem solving and multi-agency approach, to provide "value for money" and ensuring high visibility on the estates.
- To support the Neighbourhood Teams in identifying properties and gardens which look in poor condition.
- To assist in the management of non access cases by attempting to visit and identify times customers are seen to be at home.
- Experience of working with internal and external partners to resolve issues
- Experience of dealing with minor repairs and maintenance issues to communal areas and customers' properties when instructed
- Experience of periodic health and safety testing
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Must hold a current Enhanced DBS
- Current valid driving licence and possible use of own vehicle
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://data-processing-notice.