about 1 month ago
Sellick partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Neighbourhood Officer to cover sickness for a local social housing provider
The purpose of the role is to provide an effective and efficient housing management service to residents and customers across the Leicestershire area (600 properties) in accordance with the organisations standards, policies and procedures.
Responsibilities of the Neighbourhood Officer:
- Undertake pre-tenancy interviews and investigations as required; explaining tenancy agreements, signing up residents, informing residents of their rights, responsibilities and services available
- Inspect and manage newly developed properties and relet units; carrying out initial assessment of transfer and mutual exchange requests
- Monitor and investigate non-compliance with tenancy agreements; taking follow-up action on breaches and non-compliance of tenancy agreements which may include collating and completing documentation on termination of tenancies
- Monitor maintenance of communal areas covered by service charge budgets
- Work in conjunction with the Customer Involvement Officer to promote resident consultation, feedback and involvement in decision-making
- Conduct neighbourhood appraisals, in liaison with relevant departments; recommending and taking corrective actions
- Advise residents on income maximisation and on access to legal and support services; contacting those in arrears, providing details of account balances and attending court and evictions
- Conduct Estate inspections and take remedial action; liaising with the relevant departments in response to reports of defects
Requirements of the Neighbourhood Officer:
- Housing or other relevant qualification or experience of working to NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Current knowledge and experience of social housing, welfare and legal issues
- Valid driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Willing to travel around Leicestershire and surrounding areas. Mileage will be paid for visits at 0.45p per mile.
If you believe you are suitable for the role of Neighbourhood Officer, please apply. To find out more, please contact Ebony Simpson at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.