Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
about 2 months ago
Newcastle and surrounding areas - Working from home
Sellick partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Neighbourhood Officer on an ongoing temporary role for a Social housing organisation based in the North East.
The purpose of the Neighbourhood Officer is to provide a cost effective and efficient service driven by the Affordable Housing business plan and the overriding objective of ensuring the neighbourhoods and Over 55 Living schemes being managed produce the maximum profit.
Duties of the Neighbourhood Officer include:
- Manage the contract with customers - Enforcing the conditions of tenancy so that the company's assets are maintained appropriately
- Undertake tenancy reviews, manage early stage contract enforcement and carry out property inspections where appropriate to ensure compliance with the contract
- Carry out visits to neighbourhoods and schemes and visit customers' homes when required
- Manage both internal and external service provision to ensure that services are provide at the agreed standard and represent value for money
- Neighbourhood/Scheme planning - develop and implement plans where it is identified that a plan is required, so that the objectives of the business are met
- Set service charges and budgets for the neighbourhoods and schemes they manage, identifying any issues that may affect the future management of the scheme
- Ensure that standards are maintained at the appropriate level by undertaking visits to the neighbourhoods and schemes to the agreed schedule. Monitor building and environmental standards, managing any issues to an effective and timely resolution
- Health and Safety - Ensure compliance with the company's Health and Safety policy and contribute to meeting its health and safety responsibilities, including fire safety
- Liaise with colleagues internally and externally to ensure that neighbourhoods and schemes are as safe, clean, attractive and profitable as possible
Required skills and experience of the Neighbourhood Officer:
- Experience working as a Neighbourhood Officer or within a similar position
- Enhanced DBS
- Full UK driver's license
If you are interested in this position or any other similar roles please contact Claire Harrison for more information on the Neighbourhood Officer or apply now.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.