Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£30000 - £36000 per annum
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership have an exciting opportunity for a number of Qualified Accountants to join a market leading professional services organisation based in Newcastle.
The successful candidate will assist with the delivery of Statutory, Regulatory and Management reporting requirements for a diverse range of public and private sector clients.
This opportunity will enable you to play a key role in helping clients to comply with their increasingly complex reporting requirements and allow you to develop your own reporting knowledge within a new and expanding team
- Assist the Accounting Compliance and Reporting team in providing advice to help resolve technical accounting issues
- Assist with the development and implementation of effective accounting and reporting solutions and improve their effectiveness
- Implement and ensure timely compliance with new or revised accounting standards and regulatory change
- Work within the Accounting Compliance and Reporting teams to help deliver financial information on time and to improve reporting processes
- Preparation of statutory accounts, management accounts and regulatory returns
- Assist in the creation, implementation and maintenance of comprehensive accounting policy and procedure documentation to improve clarity and consistency of reporting
- Assist in the development of reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- ACA / CA / ACCA qualified or equivalent would be desirable. Alternatively, for the successful individual there may be the opportunity to study for an ACCA accounting qualification
- Some experience of local authority accounting regulation, IFRS, and/or new UK GAAP gained within the reporting arena
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Office and other desktop applications
- A real desire to develop your technical skills by working within our centre of excellence
- Assertive and proactive approach to the delivery / implementation of client engagements
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills: written, presentation and influencin
- Analytical capability, attention to detail
- Ability to utilise research effectively and explain complex subjects in a clear manner
- Experience of MSNav would be beneficial