City of London, London
Up to £172 per day + flexible working arrangements
14 days ago
Location: London (remote)
Salary: £172pd (Umbrella)
An excellent opportunity for a Paralegal/Case Manager has arisen for a short-term role within Central Government. This post offers great development opportunities. It is a paralegal/case manager role and includes running a caseload of S21A deprivation of liberty challenges under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
The case management will include conducting litigation by instructing solicitors and consulting with them to provide instructions on behalf of the Official Solicitor as litigation friend, perusing court documents, approving letters of instruction to experts and approving draft documents including position statements and draft orders in accordance with court timetable. It is conducted mostly by email and also phone calls and occasional conference with counsel.
As a Paralegal you will:
- Provide a competent and well trusted legal support function;
- Work closely with solicitors to progress a complex caseload;
- Manage and support all aspects of case preparation and management from commencement of proceedings through to final hearing, ensuring strict adherence to legal deadlines;
- Organise large volumes of material, identify missing documents, prioritise tasks and effectively communicate/share intelligence gathered with interested parties
- Conduct legal research
- Arrange and attend case conferences
- Attend Court/Tribunal.
The Paralegal will have:
- Significant experience as a Paralegal/Case Manager.
- Experience of deprivation of liberty applications in the Court of Protection and a good knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
- A minimum 1 month contract (until end of March with potential for extension to end of June)
- Central London
- Remote working/ Working from home
- £172per day Umbrella
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying, please contact Xiomara Cabello in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.