Up to £20000 per annum
12 months ago
Sellick Partnership are working on behalf of one of the North East's largest housing associations to recruit a permanent Payments Assistant. The Payments Assistant will primarily be responsible for inputting and matching invoices to allow for timely and effective payments to suppliers.
- To ensure compliance with the Group's Financial Regulations, policies and procedures.
- Open, prioritise and action the incoming post on a daily basis ensuring agreed procedures and deadlines are met.
- Receive, check and input/scan purchase invoices and credit notes to the finance system and liaise with suppliers and Group staff to ensure the prompt and efficient payment of invoices.
- Match approved invoices against Goods Received Notes.
- Dispatch cheques/remittance advices.
- Reconcile supplier statements, obtaining copy invoices where required and follow up any queries on a timely basis.
- Deal with disputed invoices, internal and external enquiries and complaints on a timely basis.
- Assist in the achievement of targets for payment of invoices within agreed procedures.
- Prepare reports as necessary to assist in reporting requirements.
- Annual leave entitlement of 29 days, plus 8 public holidays
- 36 hours per week - flexible working options / 12:30pm finish on a Friday (subject to department priorities)
- Defined Contribution pension scheme, with a maximum employer contribution of 10%
- Life Assurance - up to 3x times basic salary
- Health Cash Plan (costs covered by Gentoo) covering a wide range of treatments from routine appointments to specialist surgery
- Online employee discount platform offering cashback and savings with leading UK retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme offering 24/7 confidential support and access to counselling
- Car mileage allowance (where applicable)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly leave entitlement
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.