Manchester, Greater Manchester
4 months ago
Highly motivated Payroll Administrator required to join the payroll team of a market-leading professional services recruitment firm.
Sellick Partnership is a well-established leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across seven offices nationwide. Our core business values are Passionate, Respected and Engaging, and these have a significant impact on the way we work both internally and externally. "Shining a light on the future of our people" is our vision.
Our head office in Manchester currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Payroll Administrator within our contractor payroll team, working on a full time basis in order to pay 1000+ workers each week.
Reporting to our Payroll Manager, you will take on a variety of responsibilities whilst working alongside a strong team who will provide superb on the job training on our internal payroll system. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has experience of payroll with an understanding of IR35 and who is looking for a role working in a fast paced, constantly evolving sector.
Key responsibilities of the Payroll Administrator
This role presents a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to grow a career in payroll. The successful candidate will be joining a great team who provide exceptional accounts and payroll support to our growing specialist professional services recruitment business.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Importing timesheet and spreadsheet data into the payroll system
- Processing contractor invoices, holiday pay and inputting statutory payment & deduction information.
- Calculating PAYE tax, NIC, pension deductions on an ad-hoc basis
- Assessing entitlement of contractors to statutory benefits such as SMP & SSP.
- Processing accurate and timely payroll on a weekly basis.
- Dealing with contractor payroll queries and working closely with our recruitment consultants to deliver a high standard of customer service.
- Setting up new starters and ensuring their right to work compliance.
- Submitting contractor payment and compliance reports to the company.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful Payroll Administrator will have an intermediate level in Microsoft Excel as a minimum, some payroll background and an excellent phone manner. The role requires a switched-on individual who is self-motivated and highly organised. Attention to detail, a high level of accuracy, fantastic customer service and communication skills are very important to be a success in this role.
Why Sellick Partnership?
Sellick Partnership is an exciting, ambitious and growing business. Over the years we have been awarded a number of accreditations that demonstrate our commitment to quality, developing long-standing relationships and delivering results. We have been recognised as one of the 100 Best Workplaces™ in the UK by Great Place to Work® UK for the fifth consecutive year. Additionally, we also hold the Investors in People Gold standard which demonstrates our commitment to our people.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days' annual leave plus all statutory and bank holidays.
- Flexible working with 3 mandatory days in the office and the rest from home or office.
- All-expenses paid companywide events and socials.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare cash plan and other health and wellbeing benefits.
- Free fruit and bread delivered to the office.
- Plus many more!
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.