North Yorkshire, England
Up to £22000 per annum
9 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Payroll and Finance Assistant for a Waste Management organisation based in North Yorkshire.
The Payroll and Finance Assistant will Support the Finance Manager in recording and retrieving financial details of the company. This includes maintaining financial records, cash handling and salaries, processing payments.
Key responsibilities of the Payroll and Finance Assistant:
- Close working with the FM to make sure all finance matters run smoothly
- Responsible for the running of weekly and monthly payroll accurately and timely and report and make payments to HMRC and other associated legal bodies e.g. pension/Child support etc.
- VAT reporting and processing timely payments
- Bank reconciliation and daily funding control
- Input into purchase ledger from source documents
- Full Purchase ledger control
- Ensure invoices are paid
- Resolve finance related queries
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
- Assisting with the production of financial statements and applications, preparing spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required
- Ensuring month end Nominal reconciliations are completed in timely manner
- Assist with end of year preparation and procedures
- Provide financial support to other team members
- Minimum of 3 years in a payroll environment
- Good understanding of payroll systems such as Oracle or NetSuite
- Experience of working within a finance department
- Understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Good level of competence in Excel, Word and Outlook and computerised accounting software
If this position is of interest please apply, or contact Nyari Breslin at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.