Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£20000 - £30000 per annum
12 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently working with a successful accountancy practice based in Newcastle upon Tyne who are looking to recruit a Payroll Assistant to join their busy team on a permanent basis.
As the Payroll Assistant, your role will be to process an accurate portfolio of client payrolls from end to end ensuring that strict client deadlines are met.
They are looking to recruit someone who is experienced in payroll processing and auto enrolment, ideally within client/bureau payroll. Experience of Sage 50 Cloud Payroll and Xero Payroll would be a distinct advantage but not essential. The main responsibilities of the role include;
- Registering PAYE schemes with HMRC.
- Set up and maintenance of client records and control sheets
- Set up and maintenance of client payroll records within payroll software
- Review, input and processing of client payroll data, including starters, leavers and calculating adjustments to pay
- Input and processing of 3rd party forms, including Attachment of Earnings Orders
- Statutory payment calculation and process management
- Accurate client report checking and issue
- P45 management and issue
- Provision and/or upload of client bank payment files
- Inform clients of their PAYE liability each month/quarter, processing the payment of client PAYE liability to HMRC where agreed
- Provision of payroll journals to clients
- End to end auto enrolment management for clients
All applicants must have relevant experience of working in a busy 'start to finish' payroll department and have excellent attention to detail, organisational skills and be capable of working with minimal supervision to meet tight deadlines.
If interested in this role, please contact Helen Dodds at Sellick Partnership or apply below.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.