Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£23000 - £25000 per annum + 33 days annual leave, health care, pension
4 months ago
Sellick Partnership are working with an award-winning business in Stoke who are looking to appoint a highly experienced Payroll Assistant, on a full-time and permanent basis.
This role reports to the Human Resources Manager and supports the Human Resources function by delivering a comprehensive Payroll and Benefits provision to the business. Working as part of a friendly and stable team, this person will be the first point of contact for payroll queries and responsible for the administration of the Time Management System.
Key duties of the Payroll Assistant include:
- To assist with accurate and timely processing of the company weekly and monthly payrolls using the appropriate HR and payroll software.
- Produce payslips, P60, and P11d's and distribute to employees as necessary.
- Maintain HR data in-line with company policy and the Data Protection Act.
- Ensure adherence to statutory and legal obligations regarding payroll and pension processes.
- Calculate and arrange timely payments of PAYE to HMRC, Pension deductions to the Pension provider and Earnings attachment deductions to the appropriate authority.
- Check and process data captured from the time management system.
- Calculate SSP, CSP, SMP, SAP, SPP accurately and in-line with Statutory and Company guidelines.
- Ensure that employees are assessed and communicated with in relation to Auto-enrolment requirements and that our payrolls remain compliant with the Pensions Regulator.
- Assist Auditors with their in-depth checks of payroll processes.
- Other ad-hoc duties.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Proven experience within an internal Payroll position
- CIPP qualified or studying (study support provided)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work loads
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration, interviews will be taking place week commencing ASAP.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice