Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
2 months ago
Sellick Partnership have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Manager to join a market leading service organisation. Due to recent PE Investment the Finance Team is growing in size.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll Manager to join our growing business. We currently provide a payroll service to approximately 500 employees, with this targeted to increase significantly over the next five years.
As Payroll Manager you will manage the payroll to ensure the accurate and timely payment of wages and salaries to all employees on a weekly and monthly basis, whilst maintaining strict compliance with statutory and internal requirements. You will liaise with all levels of staff as well as a number of external bodies including HMRC/Courts/Pensions Management etc.
The payroll manager will also lead the integration of the payroll for new teams and businesses in to the group and work closely with HR to ensure a smooth on-boarding experience for those acquired businesses.
To be successful in this role you must clearly demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience.
- Good standard of education
- CIPP qualified or equivalent (desirable)
- Significant experience in a payroll supervisor or manager position
- Experience with Sage KCS (desirable)
- Ability to work under pressure, working to tight timescales paying particular attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills
The ideal candidate must be customer orientated, adaptable to change and able to work with others as part of a successful team.
If you would like find out further information on the job, please see the below job description:
- Process the weekly and monthly payrolls within the Group and liaise with operational management to approve and amend payroll as required to ensure "right first time" delivery of payroll services
- Ensure changes in employment, statutory regulations and work rules are fully assessed and reflected accurately in payroll and time and attendance systems.
- Ensure compliance with HMRC regulatory requirements including timely returns, RTI submissions, statutory reductions, benefit administration etc.
- Pensions Administration - Work closely with the external pensions providers to ensure that all pension contributions are accurately administered
- Assist with specific requests from Management, including input and advice for pay-talks and harmonisation talks, budgets and forecasting, and all other adhoc requests.
- Develop internal controls and procedures. Seek to improve systems and processes.
- Assist the Finance team with payroll related balance sheet reconciliations including pensions, addressing any reconciling items in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Values/ behaviours :
- Significant experience working within a busy payroll department
- Experience of Sage KCS desirable.
- Experience of integration of acquired groups of employees and TUPE transfer
- CIPP qualified or equivalent desirable
- Good all-round knowledge of Statutory Regulations and ability to keep up with constantly changing rules and regulations.
- Good communications skills at all levels and the ability to think logically, show initiative, and challenge the status quo.
If you are interested in this Payroll Manager opportunity then please submit your CV below. If you would like more information, please contact Leigh Macfarlane at Sellick Partnership's Newcastle office.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.