Tyne and Wear, England
about 1 year ago
I am currently representing an excellent Client who are looking for a Payroll Manager on a permanent basis.
As Payroll Manager, you will be involved in a wide range of payroll, management and consultancy tasks. As Payroll Manager you will have responsibility for the service delivery within your team in terms of quality, profit and sustainability as well as the day to day line management of the designated team. Key responsibilities may include:
- Overseeing the project management of annual and ad-hoc projects such as year-end HMRC returns pension increases. Ensuring projects are fully monitored and completed in line with customer and legislation requirements.
- Scrutinising of payroll work of other less experienced pension payroll team members. Signing out of ad-hoc and standard letters in response to customer queries.
- Monitoring accuracy performance and SLA's for the team, including activity and client performances, and taking action to ensure targets are met.
- Liaising with Managers regarding appraisals and regular catch up meetings. Conducting some appraisals and catch up meetings including regular mentoring meetings with staff in probation.
- Attending and actively contributing ideas in Manager Meetings.
- Helping identify training needs across the team and assisting with developing and mentoring team members.
- Ensuring the accurate update of time recording for both chargeable and non-chargeable activities.
- Supporting, motivating and coaching colleagues to the benefit of the team and wider Company.
- Seeking ways of innovating and improving quality, service delivery and efficiencies in processes and procedures.
- Updating internal change control and other schedules and spreadsheets as required.
- Ensuring breaches, errors and complaints logs are promptly completed and regularly reviewed.
- Assist in recruitment process including interviews.
- Deputise at Payroll Manager Meetings when necessary.
- Manage day to day activities of staff to ensure efficient and effective delivery of all work. Hold regular workflow meetings with senior team members (where needed) to manage progress and resolve any issues.
- Take part in marketing and new business activities including completing tender responses, attending pitches and presenting at site visits.
- Providing expert advice solutions to payroll queries; keeping abreast of technical and legislative developments, and providing technical support to more junior staff
- Drive and support efficiency projects across team.
- Provide guidance to team members on items such as utilisation and recoverability so there's more of an awareness at all levels.
Knowledge & experience
- Able to demonstrate an expert knowledge of payroll administration
- Previous payroll administration experience including running of payrolls on a computerised system, balancing month-end and year-end returns.
- Thorough knowledge of payroll legislation framework and demonstrable ability to remain informed of changes to the framework.
- Previous supervisory or management experience is required ideally including performance monitoring, appraisals, recruitment etc.
- Able to demonstrate a numerical aptitude evidenced by work related experience or academic achievements as listed below.
- IT proficient, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
Training, education & qualification
- Possession of a professional payroll qualification is preferred but not essential (or applicants deemed 'qualified by experience' would be considered).
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.