£41000 - £45000 per annum
6 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a permanent Payroll Manager for Stevenage Borough Council.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced payroll professional to further develop their career and fulfil a key role for the council.
The post-holder is accountable for the delivery of all aspects of payroll and support the purchase ledger function as required. The post holder will also be expected to advise management and staff on any queries relating to payroll functions and purchase ledger. This will include advice relating to statutory payments and relevant legislative requirements.
Main accountabilities for the Payroll Manager:
- To provide timely & accurate payments to all staff and ensure that employees are paid in accordance with the Council's pay policy
- Key responsibility for the integrity of the payroll system and responsible for liaising with Human Resources in terms of data imported from HR system modules
- Key Lead on the implementation, design, upgrade and development and use of the Payroll system
- Accountable for controlling, accounting for and reconciling
- Statutory and occupational sick pay
- Tax and National Insurance
- Statutory and Occupational Maternity Pay
- To ensure that all Statutory Returns are accurate, on time and in accordance with the relevant legislation
- To report on legislative & technical updates/changes relating to payroll, HMRC & the Local Government Pension Scheme. Advise /discuss issues with senior managers, SMB and staff where applicable
- To provide advice to Officers & Members regarding Payroll related matters
- To Support the purchase ledger function as and when required.
- Ability to manage the payroll function in accordance with strict deadlines including full delivery of a monthly payroll for the organisation as required
- Experience of line managing/supervising a team to tight deadlines
- Experience of completing monthly payroll including all statutory returns.
- Experience of advising and guiding a senior management team in accordance with relevant guidance and legislation.
Please apply now for consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.