£40000 - £47000 per annum
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an experienced Payroll Manager to join our exciting, growing client based in Wellingborough. The role is a full time and permanent opportunity.
The duties of the Payroll Manager include:
- Lead on the design, implementation and maintenance of the payroll system and associated processes
- Lead and manage all payroll staff, ensuring that they are developed and equipped to provide an efficient service - give advice, guidance and coaching to staff on complex, sensitive or serious payroll issues
- To be the lead contact for all matters relating to income tax and national insurance, including development of the related elements of the varying pay policies
- Manage the payroll service level agreement and monitor the contract with the payroll software provider, including liaising with the software provider to develop the payroll and pension system software so that it continues to meet user requirements
- Manage and resolve any queries with the Finance team regarding the monthly reconciliation of the payroll control accounts
- Produce standard and ad hoc reports as required, including completion of information returns relating to payroll such as for NFI, FOI, ADR requests and pension data
The ideal Payroll Manager will have:
- Qualification of Level 5 Payroll Management or equivalent
- Experience of leading and managing a payroll function, including tax year and month end procedures and pensions administration
- Good working knowledge of payroll, tax, pensions and employment law, with experience of writing and implementing policies and procedures
- Ability to work under pressure and lead and motivate a small team
- Ability to successfully manage change in the work place
- Knowledge and delivery of continuous improvement of the computerised payroll system
If you believe your experience meets the criteria above, please apply now for immediate consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.