Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £40000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are recruiting a Payroll Manager to oversee the payroll department within a rapidly expanding global service provider in the Didsbury area. This position has come about following a number of acquisitions, leading to a period of growth with the organisation turning over upwards of £750 million. The Payroll Manager role has been created following the restructure of both front and back office and requires a motivated individual with proven management and payroll system implementation experience. Stepping into an established leadership team, the Payroll Manager will oversee 2 experienced supervisors and report into one of the organisation's Financial Controllers.
This brand new role of Payroll Manager has arisen within a rapidly expanding payroll department. The Payroll Manager will be responsible for overseeing the entire payroll department (circa 20 with 2 direct reports) and has an opportunity to progress and develop whilst assisting others in doing the same.
Key Responsibilities of the Payroll Manager:
- Managing a varied team of international payroll professionals, ranging in experience from junior to senior.
- Implementing a payroll system across a newly acquired group subsidiary.
- Reporting into an established Finance Controller and board, providing analysis and MI of payroll performance.
- Improving controls and processes along with ad-hoc project duties.
- Ensuring daily and weekly payroll is completed.
- Liaising with a range of stakeholders across the organisation.
- Deliver value add payroll processes across the organisation.
- Be responsible for implementing a range of large scale payroll automation projects.
- Handling any payroll queries and taking part in month and year-end project completion.
- Mentoring and coaching payroll team members by delivering appraisals and reviews to improve team performance and individual progression.
The Ideal Payroll Manager
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and driven individual. Previous experience of managing a team of payroll staff is essential. The successful Payroll Manager will have experience in payroll system implementation and exposure to payroll systems including Navision, OCS and Pegasus. The ability to communicate clearly with stakeholders and colleagues is paramount. The candidate will have excellent analytical skills, be exceptionally organised and have an eye for detail. Proven experience of working in a fast paced office environment coupled with the ability to problem solve and use initiative is crucial. The ideal Payroll Manager will have a broad knowledge of international and UK payroll legislation and processes. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Payroll Manager role, please apply now, or contact Sam Jeffrey at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.