£24800 - £35000 per annum + plus benefits
5 months ago
Band 5, £24,800 - £30,500
Fixed-term, Full time
Payroll Manager required to join a well-established and prestigious organisation based in Chester. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Payroll Manager to join their dynamic and growing department.
As the Payroll Manager you will be accountable to the Payroll and Pensions Business Manager providing professional operational Payroll/ESR service to the clients of the HR Shared Service alongside other duties below:
Key responsibilities of the Payroll Manager
- Deliver effective and efficient ESR service to clients ensuring timely staff payments are processed.
- Monitor KPI's including response times to queries and payroll deadlines.
- Management of under/over-payments.
- Responsible for recording and reconciliation of all earnings and authorised payments through financial systems.
- Assist in the reconciliation of statutory and non-statutory deductions and control accounts.
- Responsible for weekly/monthly correction of P35 year end.
- Act as authorised signatory for payments for all HR clients.
- Undertake identified projects and service improvements as required.
- Required to travel to client organisations to support provision of services.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are continuously reviewed and adhered to.
- Active member of Service Performance Board.
- Support the development, motivation and inspiration of the team.
Required skills and experience of the Payroll Manager
- Educated to degree level or QBE.
- Highly numerate, GCSE Maths or equivalent.
- Extensive experience within Payroll/ESR.
- Managerial experience such as supporting, developing and training staff.
- Experience implementing change to improve services.
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of ESR.
- High level analytical skills with ability to interrogate data.
- Effectively communicate at all levels both verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Well organised with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
This is fantastic opportunity to join a well-established organisation with unrivalled opportunities.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Payroll Manager role, please apply now, or contact Chloe O'Brien at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.