Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£40000 - £52000 per annum + 5% Bonus
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are delighted to assist a leading business with the recruitment of a Payroll Manager.
The Payroll Manager will be accountable for the delivery of effective Payroll services by driving continuous improvement initiatives, through innovation and best practice to deliver quality, compliant procedures.
The role will be responsible for leading a sizeable team, key stakeholders to deliver strategic and operational people initiatives that maximize the performance of the Business.
- Support the delivery of the Business strategy and vision
- Responsible for the delivery of a great employee experience through Payroll services to agreed SLA's & KPI's relating Payroll legislation and internal policies.
- Create a culture that promotes high levels of employee and customer engagement through inspiring leadership and customer focus.
- Identify and drive team development to ensure future fit skills and team engagement.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement to assess, prioritise and deliver ongoing system improvements driven by legislation and efficiency levers.
- Responsibility to deliver Payroll agreed budget, whilst supporting cost reductions across the company's overall budget.
- Ensure adequate process controls and segregation of duties are in place, satisfying all Internal and External audit standards.
- Authorise BACS payments to employee's and third parties in line with agreed timetable.
- Ensure all process documentation/operating procedures are up to date.
- Provide expert guidance on payroll processes, legislation, and compliance requirements.
- Coordinate all payroll and pension year end activities.
- Handle escalations through to resolution.
- Support contract mobilisations and demobilisations to ensure effective, accurate timely transition.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent change and project management.
- Understanding of current Payroll legislation.
- Process improvement methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma
- The ability to influence and build effective relationships at all levels.
- Effective and agile approach to budget management
- The ability to utilise data insights to identify and drive strategic goals.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Extensive experience within operational and strategic payroll service delivery - Essential
- Lean experience at White Belt level as a minimum - Desirable
- Payroll implementation and systems development. - Essential
- Budget management and activity-based costing - Desirable
- Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) - Advanced Diploma or relevant experience
For more information please contact Maz Williams at Sellick Partnership, Newcastle
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.