£30000 - £35000 per annum
8 months ago
A recognised organisation based in South Manchester is currently seeking a Payroll Manager to join the business with immediate effect. The organisation that we're representing is currently going through a period of expansion and is looking to take advantage of this growth by recruiting a Payroll Manager to oversee their strong payroll division within an established finance team. Having recently been acquired, the organisation are seeking a proven manager with strong payroll experience including pensions and up to date knowledge of UK and international Payroll legislation to hit the ground running at this critical time.
In this permanent role the Payroll Manager will be responsible for the payroll of over 1000 employees, and ensure that any queries are dealt with in an effective and timely manner. In addition, the Payroll clerk will have excellent attention to detail and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Specific duties include:
- Collating data entry of new starters, leavers, overtime, employee benefits and salary sacrifice schemes
- Managing team of specialist payroll staff, ranging in experience, delivering appraisals and monthly reviews
- Managing completion of daily, weekly and monthly payroll for a number of contractors
- Handling any payroll queries and taking part in month and year-end project completion.
- Improving payroll controls and processes and completing any ad-hoc project work
- Providing a high level of support to Colleagues and Line Managers and assisting with requests for reporting or Stats for the business
- Completing month-end and year-end processing and reporting and auditing as required
- Responsibility for ensuring management and support changes are actioned in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring all notifications of Maternity/Paternity leave or Sickness leave are correctly communicated to stakeholders
The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced manager with extensive experience of international Payroll across multiple sectors. The candidate will be numerate, computer literate and will have a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and CIPP qualified. In addition, the Payroll Manager will have up to date knowledge of international employment tax knowledge and legislation, be able to deliver under pressure, and will be confident in liaising with all levels of the team, including HR and colleagues. The Payroll Manager will have excellent managerial and delegation skills, as well as the ability to problem solve using their own initiative. If you or anyone you know has the skills required for this Payroll Manager vacancy, contact Sam Jeffrey at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642 or email@example.com.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.