£35000 - £40000 per annum
4 months ago
A recognised organisation based in South Manchester is currently seeking a Payroll Manager to join the business with immediate effect. The organisation that we're representing is currently going through a period of expansion and is looking to take advantage of this growth by recruiting a Payroll Manager to oversee their strong payroll division within a fast paced, established finance team. Having recently gone through a period of change, this brand new role will oversee a team of 20 payroll professionals, with 3 senior direct reports. This position will report into the directors of the organisation and take part in weekly management meetings.
In this permanent role the Payroll Manager will be responsible for the payroll of over 1000 employees, and ensure that any queries are dealt with in an effective and timely manner. In addition, the Payroll manager will complete any invoices, expenses and bank reconciliations.
Specific duties of the Payroll Manager include:
- Collating data entry of new starters, leavers, overtime, employee benefits, work place pension and any salary sacrifice arrangements.
- Managing team of 20 payroll professionals, including 3 seniors and 2 technicians, and delivering regular coaching and 12-1 reviews.
- Assist in RTI reconciliations, CIS returns and complete the year-end project.
- Ensuring business is fully compliant from a payroll perspective and introduce new controls where appropriate
- Completing all statutory payments and delivering any advances.
- Improving payroll controls and processes and completing any ad-hoc project work
- Providing a high level of support to Colleagues and Line Managers and assisting with requests for reporting or Stats for the business
- Reporting into the Directors and taking part in weekly management meetings
- Ensuring all notifications of Maternity/Paternity leave or Sickness leave are correctly communicated to stakeholders
The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced CIPP qualified manager with extensive exposure to international Payroll across multiple sectors. The candidate will be numerate, computer literate and will have a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook. In addition, the Payroll Manager will have up to date knowledge of international employment tax knowledge and legislation, be able to deliver under pressure, and will be confident in liaising with all levels of the team, including HR and colleagues. The Payroll Manager will have excellent managerial and delegation skills, as well as the ability to problem solve using their own initiative. If you or anyone you know has the skills required for this Payroll Manager vacancy, contact Sam Jeffrey at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.