Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£20000 - £23000 per annum
4 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of several experienced Payroll Officers to join one of the country's top performing NHS Foundation Trusts on a permanent basis.
Responsiblities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for all salaries, wages, personal expenses and pension administration processing for a section of staff employed by one or more of the Trusts/HA paid by the service, in accordance with procedures, and in accordance with financial timescales and legal requirements.
- Operating the Computer based payrolling system.
- Maintaining all documentation and records pertaining to the section.
- Investigating and answering queries both verbal and written.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of Complex Statutory Requirements for PAYE, Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Sick Pay, Payment of Tax Credits, Recovery of Student Loans, and Employee Expenses .
- 5 GCE O Levels, including English & Mathematics or NVQ level 2 equivalent. NVQ Level4/AAT/Foundation Qualification in Payroll & Pension or equivalent experience.
- Ability to complete complex calculations whilst working under pressure of such deadlines.
- Ability to input data into information systems rapidly where accuracy is essential.
- Ability to communicate orally, electronically and in writing to employees, managers, and outside agencies, regularly dealing with irate and distressed employees.
- Ability to resolve payroll related problems, and suggest and implement appropriate corrective action through sometimes relatively complex calculations, on an excel spreadsheet and through complex input to computerised payroll system.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Helene Dodds in our Newcastle office, or submit your application via the following link.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.