Newcastle upon Tyne
£22000 - £25000 per annum
9 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Payroll Officer on a temporary basis for 6-9 months. The current post holder is on secondment and may remain in said post so this could well become a permanent position.
The successful candidate will be working for an NHS organisation North of the Tyne. Although the business is based in the Newcastle area, the finance team are currently working from which is likely to continue.
- Responsible for a section of monthly payrolls as assigned by senior payroll staff. This involves planning and organising workload to ensure staff members are paid accurately and on time.
- Maintain and update permanent and temporary records of payroll adjustments, making complex calculations as necessary for the purpose.
- Ensure that each alteration is covered by an authority signed by a duly authorised officer.
- Using expert knowledge of payroll practices and related legislation ensure the correct treatment of such matters as Income Tax, National Insurance and Pension deductions, Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay etc.
- Comply with established procedures concerning the recording of staff absence.
- Undertake established procedures in relation to advances and write-backs, and for amendment of errors.
- Check and reconcile such work performed by other officers as deemed necessary by senior payroll staff.
- Answer queries from staff in relation to payroll matters, which may be highly complex (e.g. tax queries) or relate to sensitive information.
- Provide cover for the duties of other staff on the section in their absence.
- Calculate pension entitlements via the Pensions On-line system and update pensions records on Pensions On-line.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.