Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
£20000 - £27000 per annum
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an experienced Payroll Officer on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be working for an Education organisation South of the Tyne.
Carry out month end procedures, including all month end tasks completed before closure of the pay cycle, closing of pay cycle and submission of BACS file to Finance, to ensure the processing of the monthly payroll is not compromised.
Production of year- end information for the financial accounts and statutory returns.
- Ensure all monthly input and checking is performed accurately and in accordance with timetables, ensuring all staff are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Processing of employee details, personal, contractual and financial.
- Processing of all temporary variations
- Maintenance of sickness, maternity, paternity and adoption records, ensuring payment is made in accordance with set policies
- Processing of any fixed amendments to salary in line with statutory requirements.
- Checking of temporary and permanent input to the payroll system using relevant audit logs, system reports, and payslip checks.
- To make any necessary adjustments to the payroll system, and raise additional or revised payslips
- To make any adjustments to salary, calculating and addressing under and overpayments.
- To assist in monitoring all salary changes e.g. equated pay, increments, pay awards and honorarium.
- Completion of tasks in line with HMRC requirements, including, but not exclusively, download of HMRC notifications regarding Tax Code changes, Student Loans and Employer notices.
Our client is looking for someone who is enthusiastic, flexible and customer focussed with excellent organisational, administration and communication skills. The successful individual should demonstrate a high level of commitment and an ability to achieve demanding deadlines.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion.
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.