£18000 - £20000 per annum
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting to a permanent Payroll Officer post to work for an established not for profit organisation in Manchester to support the Payroll Manchester in providing a fully managed payroll and pension service and a range of companies.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering the end to end processing of all company weekly and monthly payrolls 17 monthly payrolls plus 3 weekly payrolls including processing new starters and leavers, pay changes, updating the HR and Payroll database.
- Interpreting a number of different sets of terms and conditions, in relation to sickness calculations/maternity/paternity etc, and providing manual forecasts in relation to maternity and sickness as required.
- Producing regular and ad hoc payroll reports to meet internal and external obligations.
- Ensuring that all payroll queries from employees, statutory bodies and third parties are responded to accurately and in a timely manner.
- Escalating issues to the Payroll Manager as required.
- Delivering a managed service in relation to Auto Enrolment and the Groups pension scheme in the form of reconciliation of Group Pension reports.
- Validating and reconciling payments at month end for Finance.
- Assist the Payroll Manager with the reconciliation of the Group PAYE
- Supporting the Payroll Manager in the delivery of all Year End tasks include the Greater Manchester Pension fund year end.
- Work with the HMRC to resolve employee queries and also Group tax liability queries in relation to RTI.
- Supporting the Payroll Manager with payroll related projects as required by the business, including implementation of a new HR and Payroll database.
Supporting the Payroll Manager with payroll related projects as required by the business, including implementation of a new HR and Payroll database.
- Excellent IT Skills including Excel.
- Experience of working within a busy payroll department providing an end to end payroll service (e.g. Input /validation/reconciliation/payment)
- Experience in processing all aspects of payroll year end from P60 to P11d.
- Experience of working on a variety of payroll frequency (e.g. monthly/weekly)
- Understanding of and practical experience in the use of payroll processes and HR and payroll databases.
- Understanding of the HMRC payroll statutory obligations e.g. Tax , National Insurance, SMP, SSP
- Knowledge of how to manually calculate a payroll payment to net.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Internal Principal Auditors, please apply now.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.