Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
about 1 month ago
I am currently working in partnership with a fantastic company who are looking to appoint an experience Pensions Administrator on a permanent basis in Newcastle.
The successful Pensions Administrator will have 18 months+ experience within either Financial Services or the Pensions industry.
- Performing various administration tasks e.g. handling of new entrants, leavers, retirements, transfers and deaths, this includes:
- Adhering to best practice procedures in all aspects of pensions administration related tasks as defined by the Company.
- Updating relevant pension administration databases and systems.
- Logging and scanning post/correspondence.
- Handling both Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) queries.
- Receiving and handling internal and external telephone queries.
- Running automated systems calculations.
- Performing manual benefits calculations.
- Producing letters to 'draft standards' via Electronic Document Management system (EDM) in response to customer queries and arranging for them to be issued after checking.
- Returning original documentation and certificates to customers.
- Amending of, and with experience developing into checking non-financial work e.g. change of address.
- Developing a basic knowledge and awareness of their clients and associated schemes.
- Assisting the team with project related work e.g. bulk mailshots to scheme members.
- Working closely with other departments/teams both internal and external to the Company in order to provide a total service to our clients. E.g. Pensions Accounts, Payroll, Administration Support and ITM (3rd party IT software provider).
- Ensuring the accurate updating of time recording system (Virtual Office) for both chargeable and non-chargeable activities and meeting required utilisation targets.
- Due to the changing nature of the business, the job holder may from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within their capabilities.
- Previous office based experience ideally gained within the financial services or pensions industry would be advantageous. This role is likely to appeal to individuals with up to 12 months experience although not exclusive as all applications will be considered on an individual basis.
- Able to demonstrate a basic awareness and/or knowledge of pensions industry.
- Able to demonstrate a numerical aptitude evidenced by work related experience or academic achievements as listed below.
- IT proficient, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
To apply please contact Maz Williams at Sellick Partnership Newcastle.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.