Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
£18000 - £27000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Administrative duties on Local Government, Police, Fire or Third Party Pension Schemes
- Input of data to pensions database to record amendments and to process pension entitlements
- Calculation and notification of benefit entitlements to scheme members and approved third parties
- Client relationship management.
- Communicating directly with pension scheme members, both verbally and in writing; answering their queries and explaining the rules of the pension schemes
- To carry out the basic work of the section in line with the requirements of the client.
- Liaise with business partners (both internal and external) to ensure the successful delivery of the service
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum 5 GCE's or equivalent at Grade 4 (previously C) or above, including Maths and English
- Relevant qualifications in the Pensions Industry desirable (e.g. Pensions Management Institute Certification, Qualification in Pensions Administration - QPA).
- Direct, relevant experience of the Pensions Industry with proven and demonstrable project and people management skills.
- Advantageous to have experience of administering Public Sector Pension Schemes
Skills & Knowledge
Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational, planning and prioritisation skills
- Desire to improve standards and develop new procedures and working practices
- Solid awareness of scheme rules, industry regulations, current pensions legislation and how these impact on the business and its systems would be beneficial
- Previous experience in a pensions/financial services environment would be beneficial
- Experience of dealing with external clients would be beneficial
We offer an attractive reward package, typical benefits can include:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
- Life Assurance cover
- Company Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
- Interest free season ticket loan
If you are interested in this opportunity please forward a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.