South East England, England
£42000 - £45000 per annum
5 months ago
A reputable Local Authority based in the South East are seeking a Commercial Contracts & Procurement Lawyer (Grade 9) to join their team on a permanent basis. The council are offering fully remote working due to the current circumstances for the foreseeable future and will offer great flexibility once restrictions are lifted.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Contracts and Procurement Lawyer to join a friendly and supportive team. Daily tasks for the Commercial Contracts & Procurement Lawyer would include;
- Advising and negotiating Contractual agreements
- Drafting Local Authority contracts
- Reviewing and managing all current contracts to comply with GDPR
- Providing advice to the procurement team and on large procurement matters
- Advising on any contractual implications relating to COVID-19
- Advising on heads of terms for larger transactions relating to property, development and regeneration matters.
- Overlooking and managing JCT and NEC Contracts
This is a great opportunity for Commercial Contracts & Procurement Lawyers looking for a consistent range of interesting work, as well as those looking to step into a Grade 9 role. 5+ years' PQE candidates will be considered and Solicitors, Barristers or Legal Executives coming from a Private Practice background are also encouraged to apply.
Benefits of the role:
- Highly accessible location with excellent transport links
- Competitive salary
- Progression opportunities
- Exposure to a real range of litigation and regulatory matters
- A stable/ supportive team
- Flexible work opportunities- flexible hours and a generous working from home arrangement post-Covid
- Local Government pension scheme
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Zanub Najmi in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.