East of England, England
£45168 - £53964 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are delighted to be working exclusively with Thurrock Council to help them recruit 2 Planning Lawyers to join the team on a permanent basis.
These roles are excellent opportunities for lawyers with experience of planning law to join this well-regarded council.
All levels of experience are encouraged to apply! The Planning Lawyers can also be from any professional background such as private practice, local authority or any other public sector body. This is a great open opportunity to further your career.
The Planning Lawyers will be able to work remotely with just ad hoc office attendance when required and for Committees, so the Planning Lawyers can live further afield from Thurrock Council.
Thurrock Council's Planning Team get interesting and varied work. The team is made up of three lawyers, including the team leader. Workload would include:
- Highways agreements
- Planning agreements
- Development plans
- S7 and 37s
- Compulsory purchase orders
- Providing advice to clients and other parties
The salary on offer for this excellent opportunities is £45,168-£53,964 per annum.
As these two planning vacancies are permanent there are wide-ranging benefits on offer, including:
- 25-days annual leave, increases to 30-days after 5 years
- Local government pension scheme
- Relocation packages
- Interest-free loans for green travel such as bikes or public transport season tickets
- Salary sacrifice schemes such as childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes
- Maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave above the statutory minimum
- Employee assistance programme to provide support to employees both at and outside of work
- Flexible working to help balance work and personal life including job sharing, part-time working and home working
- Buying additional annual leave
- Career break scheme for up to 2 years
- Wide range of courses to support employee development
- Discounted rates for national restaurants, retailers, attractions and experience days
- Discounts with local suppliers including cycle, beauty and fashion stores, restaurants, estate agents and driving schools
- 24-hour health advice and support
Applications for the Planning Lawyer roles close on 24th September. To apply we would require a cover letter detailing suitability and relevant skills, accompanied by a detailed CV.
To discuss the roles in greater detail, as well as your suitability and to get a copy of the JD, please get in touch with Mila Casaus in our Manchester Office to discuss.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.