£26 - £35 per hour + + flexible working arrangements
about 1 year ago
Planning Law Litigation and Advisory Lawyer x 2 - Central Government
Contract - 12 months
£26-35 per hour
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Planning Law Litigation and Advisory Lawyers to join a Government Legal Department in London for a minimum of 12 months. The successful candidates will be a qualified Lawyers (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent) and will have strong complex planning experience. The role is open to lawyers with planning experience in other commonwealth jurisdictions.
The ideal candidate for this Planning Law Litigation and Advisory Lawyer role will have:
- Qualified Lawyer (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent)
- Experience managing a caseload of complex planning cases
- Planning Litigation experience is highly desirable
- 3+ years of post-qualified experience
- Public sector/Local Government experience desirable but not essential
The successful candidate for this Planning Law Litigation and Advisory Lawyer role will be required to:
- Conduct of a complex planning caseload complying with tight court client deadlines
- Attending court hearings with Counsel including in regional courts
- Drafting detailed advice on legal merits, risks and litigation strategy
- Drafting detailed instructions to Counsel
- Making appropriate use of GLD's case management system and complying with Lexcel requirements.
- Take responsibility for own work with substantial degree of autonomy
- Central London location (when office based)
- Central Government role
- 12 month contract with likely extension based on performance
- £26-35 per hour
- Remote working with a flexible working arrangements available in the future
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Mark Bladen in our London office for a confidential discussion on 0203 997 9255.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.