Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
2 months ago
Temporary, Full Time
Recruiting for a Planning Assistant for our Public Sector client based in Warwickshire to provide advice to customers on planning matters, including advising on the need for planning permission and processing planning applications for minor developments under the guidance of the Business Manager and Senior Planning Officers.
Responsibilities of the Planning Assistant include;
- Assess and process planning applications and related submissions for householder and other minor developments, including where appropriate site inspections, researching planning history and negotiations with the applicant
- Respond to written enquiries from applicants and/or their agents and the general public on development proposals
- Deal with enquiries from members of the public by phone, email or in person who are seeking information and advice on planning matters; including the need for planning permission and other development related consents
Criteria of the Planning Assistant;
- Relevant degree or experience in planning/development environment is essential
- Experience in the use of IT systems is essential
- Experience of delivering good customer service, excellent presentation and communication skills is essential
- Knowledge of planning legislation and national planning guidance and related codes of control
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to own car for work purposes
Please apply now for an immediate start
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.