North East England, England
£40876 - £43858 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a planning solicitor to join a well-respected local authority. The successful planning solicitor will join a cohesive, supportive and experienced local authority legal team, providing comprehensive advice on all non-contentious planning matters.
Duties Of The Planning Solicitor Include:
- Advising on and draft highways agreements and traffic regulation orders
- To provide legal support to the Council's Planning and Development Committee and to advise planning and planning enforcement matters and to draft planning agreements.
- To advise on and deal with village green applications.
- To advise on enforcement options and procedures, and to draft enforcement notices and orders and advise on template orders and notices as appropriate.
- To act as legal adviser to the council's rights of way committee and to draft and present reports to that committee in respect of Definitive Map modification orders.
- To advise the council in relation to inquiries and to represent the council at inquiries or instruct counsel as appropriate.
- The successful planning solicitor will have 2 years' experience in dealing with planning matters.
- The successful candidate will be a qualified solicitor/ barrister.
- Experience of providing planning, highways, traffic, rights of way, and village greens advice.
- The successful Planning Solicitor will have the opportunity to work flexibly.
- Access to an attractive local government pension scheme
- A generous annual leave allowance
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact India Langman on 0161 834 1642 for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.