£45000 - £50000 per annum
4 months ago
Key responsibilities of the PMO Lead
The post holder will support the ISFE Project Director and the team to ensure that the PMO activity is well planned, managed effectively and take the lead in assisting in the successful delivery in line with Prince 2 principles:
- Manage the PMO business support function, including management of the project email account, management of the project plan, producing high quality documentation in line with project management principles and within agreed timescales.
- Take a lead in the coordination of key meetings, documenting minutes and actions to a high standard.
- Working with key internal and external stakeholders to organise IPA reviews as and when required throughout the project.
- Liaise with appropriate functions within the regions, organisation and the Sector in line with the project requirements.
- Working with the Finance Manager - System Controls and Development and the Head of System Controls and Development PMO Project Manager to ensure the requirements in line with Government Major Projects Portfolio (GMMP) are updated in a timely manner for ISFE Project Director and SRO review.
- Manage the day to day tasks of the PMO in line with Prince 2 principles.
- Produce project plans, assumptions, key dependencies in line with project deliverables.
- Provide support to the PMO Project Manager and the ISFE Project Director in relation to the Integrated Single Financial Environment Reprocurement
- Monitor and engage with Financial directorate colleagues to ensure all open actions are closed, issues, GMPP updates are managed and updated within the timescales set.
- Manage and co-ordinate workshop sessions as and when required throughout the project, ensuring meetings are well documented in line with project deliverables and for evidence at IAP reviews.
- Support the PMO Project Manager with the production of the monthly board packs and provide administration support.
- Required skills and experience of the PMO Lead
- Numerate and technically competent
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Excel macro development
- Knowledge of SQL and VBA
- Clear communicator with excellent written and presentation skills; capable of constructing and delivering clear ideas and concepts concisely and accurately to a diverse and varied range of audiences consisting of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prepare and produce concise yet insightful communications for dissemination to senior stakeholders and a broad range of stakeholders as required.
- Ability to analyse very complex issues where material is conflicting and drawn from multiple sources.
- Demonstrated capability to act upon incomplete information, using experience to make inferences and decision making.
- Numerate and able to understand complex financial issues combined with deep analytical skills.
- Demonstrated capabilities to manage own workload and make informed decisions in the absence of required information, working to tight and often changing timescales.
This is fantastic opportunity to join a company with positive changes afoot and a culture with unrivalled opportunities for progression and longevity.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the PMO Lead role, please apply now, or contact (Hayley Cox) at Sellick Partnership.
The closing date is 4th May 22. We will be reviewing CVs on a weekly basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the closing date.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.