about 1 year ago
We're recruiting for an experienced Practice Payroll Officer to join a busy, growing Accountancy practice in Chester. As a payroll team member, you'll be allocated various clients, and be responsible for the full range of payroll duties for each of these.
This is a fast-paced environment so you must be capable of juggling a varied workload, achieving deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy too.
As the Pracitce Payroll Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Full responsibility for multiple allocated client's payroll whether they are monthly or weekly paid
- To ensure all payrolls are run on time
- To maintain accurate records for all employees/clients
- To produce payslips and payroll analyses as well as NI and Inland Revenue reports
- To run month-end and year-end procedures
- To monitor clients' specific requirements
- To build and maintain relationships with clients, liaising with them regularly
- Liaison with HMRC
- To assist in the training of other members on the team
The Practice Payroll Officer should meet the following skillset:
- Previous experience working as a Payroll Officer with knowledge of Auto Enrolment
- Experience of working within a payroll bureau or Accountancy Practice environment
- Up to date with all payroll rules and regulations i.e. SSP, SMP, SPP
- Ability to manually calculate tax and NI
- Adaptable to different payroll and pension software
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to build strong relationship with clients and team members
- Ability to work in a fun, fast-paced environment and pay close attention to detail
- Competent to work on your own and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and develop your skills
Our client offers an attractive remuneration package including competitive salary and range of appealing benefits such as annual bonus scheme.
If your skillset meets the required criteria, please apply with your most recent CV.
Candidates without relevant experience will not be reviewed for this position.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.