City of London, London
£65000 - £85000 per annum
4 months ago
Nearly/Newly Pricing Actuary sought for a truly unique opportunity with a major British General Insurer.
With expansion of the Pricing function on the horizon, now is the perfect time to join one of the most diverse and forwarding thinking Pricing teams in the industry.
The hire of a Pricing Actuary is part of a larger expansion due to rapid and consistent growth. This highly visible role will see you work on pushing Pricing boundaries and exploring unexplored territories of the market to continue to drive positive change within the Pricing function.
Whether you are familiar with non-traditional Pricing techniques or not, this role is a fantastic opportunity to explore and develop your Pricing skillset whilst also having the opportunity to work on Reserving and closely with Claims teams.
This unique opportunity for a Pricing Actuary ensures that you won't be pigeon holed and enables fantastic career progression opportunities whether you have experience managing or not.
Responsibilities of the Pricing Actuary:
- Possess a strong understanding of the Actuarial functions in order to make informed decisions
- Lead Pricing and Reserving projects to tight schedules
- Liaise with Senior Stakeholders to present Actuarial findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Have ownership of Actuarial planning and use strong organisation skills to keep projects running smoothly
- Develop non-traditional Pricing techniques by directing project teams accordingly
- Lead quarterly Loss-Ratio reviews
Desired Skills of the Pricing Actuary:
- Be proficient in at least two of the following technical systems; ResQ, Python, R, Radar, SAS
- Possess a strong appetite for curiosity and the willingness to explore unchartered territory
- Have a desire to develop and learn new Pricing techniques
- Track record of line managing or developing younger analysts
- Be engaged in the Actuarial function as a whole - including Claims, Reserving and Underwriting
This role offers flexible working arrangments to suit your individual needs.
There has never been a better time to join this highly respected Pricing Function and if you are looking for an opportunity to make an impact this role could be for you.
If this one of a kind opportunity sounds like it could be of interest please apply with your CV below or get in touch with Josh Spencer at Josh.email@example.com or call 0151 224 1480 to find out more.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.