City of London, London
about 1 year ago
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced London Market professional to match their talents with a market-leading syndicate. Our client are looking to recruit an experienced Pricing Analyst with a keen eye for detail and the ability to effectively build strong working relationships with senior stakeholders such as Underwriters.
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced Pricing Analyst to help contribute towards the growth of an established syndicate - Pricing professionals with strong General Insurance experience will also be considered.
Responsibilities of the Pricing Analyst:
- Individual pricing assessment of large or unique risks including clear communication of results to the underwriters
- Assisting with building, reviewing and the maintenance of pricing models
- Analysis of data from pricing models
- Assisting with business planning
- Producing and reviewing pricing management information
- Constructing new reports in relation to pricing
- Investigating alternative data sources for parameterisation of pricing models
- Ensuring all advice is in line with TAS requirements
Skills and experience of the Pricing Analyst:
- 1-2 years of pricing specific experience, preferably within London Market / Commercial Lines (P&C preferred) is advantageous
- Significant actuarial exam progress or intention to begin actuarial exams
- Minimum 2.1 in a highly numeric degree such as Mathmeatics or Actuarial Science is advantageous
- Proven track record of building effective working relationships with Underwriters
- Good knowledge and understanding of FCA rules and regulations
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Lloyds rules and regulations
- Intermediate (level 2) knowledge and understanding of Underlying principles of Insurance and Reinsurance
- Expert user of Excel / VBA
- Highly developed mathematical/statistical knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of actuarial methods and techniques, and the ability to apply them in practice
Highly competitive package with various included benefits for the successful candidate.
If this opportunity to join a market-leading syndicate sounds like it could appeal, please contact Charlie Christian on 0151 224 1480 or apply below with your CV.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.