Pricing Analyst - Optimisation Expert
City of London, London
0151 224 1480
We are currently partnered with a Top 10 General Insurer based in Central London, as they seek to recruit an experienced Pricing professional with an excellent understanding of Personal Lines Price Optimisation techniques. This role has come about following a sustained period of growth and investment in our client's Pricing function and will see the successful candidate supporting teams across Home and Motor products.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Pricing professional to match their talents with a growing General Insurer. This is a high profile appointment within the Pricing function and you will act as a subject matter expert to a range of stakeholders, whilst there is no direct team management involved you will have the opportunity to draw on pooled Pricing Analyst resource to deliver pieces of work.
Responsibilities of the Pricing Consultant:
- Use Emblem and Radar to build new Pricing models (propensity models, lifetime value models)
- Make adjustments to existing models (GLMs)
- Use Data Science techniques (R) to conduct in-depth Data Analysis
- Use Python to implement Machine Learning techniques (GBMs)
- Build and maintain relationships with our client's broker panels
- Work across both Motor and Household products
- Draw on resources from different teams to ensure all projects are completed on time
Experience of the Pricing Consultant:
- A 2.1 minimum in a highly numerate degree such as Mathematics is preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in General Insurance Pricing
- Excellent technical skills, with a demonstrated history of using Emblem and Radar
- Experience of using SAS and SQL would be advantageous
- Prior experience of implementing Machine Learning techniques using R and Python
- Personal Lines experience would be advantageous, though candidates with a Commercial Lines background will also be considered
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
Rewards and benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Strong pension scheme
- Flexible working is on offer
- 25 days holiday
- Other flexible benefits such as free gym membership
If this opportunity sounds like it could be of interest, please contact Charlie Christian on 0151 224 1480 or apply below with your CV.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.