Pricing and MI Analyst
North Shields, Tyne and Wear
£25000 - £33000 per annum
0191 261 8585
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Pricing and MI Analyst within the Information Technology department of a Financial Services organisation based in North Shields. Ideally from a background within the professional services, banking or financial services sector, you will join the expanding data team on a permanent basis.
The ideal Pricing and MI Analyst will have previous experience in the interrogation of databases such as datasets obtained using Microsoft SQL and the production of high quality management reports.
You will also use appropriate methods and tools to investigate, analyse, develop, modify, test and document reports and reporting methods which have been specified by the business.
The purpose of the role of a Pricing and MI Analyst will to be to take ownership of pricing related tasks for stakeholders to identify trends and risks in the market place and feedback to the underwriting teams with your recommendations for the pricing of various products.
Daily responsibilities of the Pricing and MI Analyst are:
- Analysis of the insurer's premium pricing and competitiveness
- Full lifecycle analysis from data extraction to finalised written report
- Interpretation of business reporting requirements
- Analysis, design, development, testing and implementation/documentation of reports for various business functions such as finance and operations etc.
- Provide support and expertise to the junior members of the Pricing Team (Junior Analysts and Data Inputters)
- You will have a strong background within Information Technology or a Reporting Services function, which will be demonstrated through a history of reports delivery.
- The role has an emphasis on analysing data/providing reports but also support to the business, meaning that the successful candidate will be accustomed to this type of working practice i.e. communicating change and explaining the report content to the end user.
- A solid background of working with database querying language(s)
- An advanced Microsoft Excel user
- The ideal candidate will have some experience of working with the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 - T-SQL
- Microsoft Excel 2010/2013 and the use of Pivot
- Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (2005/2012)
The successful candidate will also have strong organisational and communication skills are vital in this role, as is being able to work to deadlines in a fast-paced company which works hard as a collective to achieve its goals.
If you are interested in this position please apply or contact Adam Burgess at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.