£40000 - £65000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Pricing Consultant sought for a market leading insurer in their Bristol office. The Pricing Consultant will be responsible for pricing, underwriting and corporate planning for all product classes. The Pricing Consultant will be developing and co-ordinating actuarial models and opinions. You will spend 80% of your time doing Pricing work with 20% of your time on Reserving & Capital projects (full training provided).
This is a newly created role which is focussed on enhancing our clients Pricing and overall analytical capability. As such our client has the ability to appoint this role at a 'Senior Pricing Analyst' level up to 'Pricing Manager' / 'Pricing Actuary'. You will have a major say in how the Pricing function is run and work closely with the Head of Actuarial.
Responsibilities of the Pricing Consultant:
- Measuring exposure to insurance risk and predict cost of claims
- Building Models to predict future costs
- Creating pricing models for products
- Assisting the reserving and capital teams and other internal stakeholders on an ad hoc basis
- Offering input to pricing models and commercial proposals lead by other teams
- Work closely with internal stakeholders from other divisions and management
- Provide a basis for actuarial model assumptions used in reserving and solvency
- Supervising other team members and develop their skills
Skills and experience of the Pricing Consultant:
- Experience of General Insurance Pricing (any products)
- Experience of modelling techniques
- Qualified or part-qualified actuary (advantageous) - although those qualified by experience will be equally considered
- Experience with various systems and pricing packages (ResQ, R, Cognos and Excel / Spreadsheets)
Highly competitive salary and benefits package on offer.
If this opportunity sounds like it could be of interest, please apply below with your CV.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.