Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£40000 - £45000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are working on behalf of a newly established business based North of the Tyne to recruit a Principal Accountant on a six month fixed term basis. Focussing on positive change, the business covers the local authority areas of Newcastle upon Tyne, North Tyneside and Northumberland.
- To identify, develop and support opportunities and initiatives to transform the delivery of financial services across the business.
- Preparing the annual statement of accounts, and liaising with the external auditor and responding to external audit queries.
- To identify and support the implementation of business process improvements.
- Preparing, controlling and monitoring revenue and capital budgets.
- To provide financial advice and guidance for managers in allocated service areas.
- To develop capital and revenue business cases and options appraisals in support of business objectives.
- To identify, investigate and support the reduction of cost pressures.
- To provide financial support to specific revenue and capital projects
- To provide financial coaching and mentoring as appropriate.
My client is ideally looking for someone with Local Government final accounts experience however this is not essential. It would be preferred if the successful candidate has experience in setting up a new business / finance team. Whilst some work has been done on this, systems and process's still need developing.
If you are interested please contact Helen Dodds at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.