£39782 - £45591 per annum
about 2 years ago
Sellick Partnership are exclusively recruiting for a Principal Accountant to join a well-established organisation based in East Staffordshire on a permanent basis.
The Principal Accountant will lead key areas of delivery within financial services in order to ensure provision of an effective and efficient financial service to the organisation.
Duties of the Principal Accountant include:
- To prepare, maintain and monitor the budgets and financial accounts for designated services in line with the established guidelines (initially Revenues Benefits and Customer Contacts).
- To provide financial advice, guidance and innovative financial solutions in order that informed and timely decisions can be made by officers and members.
- To lead in the preparation of the Statement of Accounts in accordance with the relevant standards and codes of practice and to ensure the integrity of the organisation's Balance Sheet.
- To maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of financial codes of practice and regulations and to provide advice and guidance on their application and interpretation.
The suitable candidate will have the following:
- A recognised CCAB accounting qualification (CIPFA would be an adv)
- Experience of working within a Local Government function.
- Able to demonstrate their experience with 'Statement of Accounts'
- Commercial/Corporate acumen
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Alex Rowland.
*Interviews will be taking place w/c 15th July*
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice