£27 - £40 per hour
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an experienced and qualified Principal Accountant. The role is on a 6 month interim basis and will be office based.
The role would be suitable for an individual who has experience working within Local Government and who as previously lead projects.
The duties of the Principal Accountant include:
- To assist and support the Chief Accountant/Head of Finance
- Supervising Technical Accountants and Assistants to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the Councils revenue
- Undertake complex financial modelling to evaluate project proposals.
- Carry out special investigations into significant budget variances
- Lead specific high level and complex projects.
- Managing project teams and co-ordinating work streams
- Preparation of business cases to ensure appropriate challenge or interpretation.
- Sign off grant/returns for approval by Chief Finance Officer
The ideal candidate will have:
- Professional accountancy qualification (CCAB) with post qualification relevant experience.
- Local Government experience.
- Project Management
- Excellent time management skills and appreciation of the importance of deadlines
- Excellent analytical and financial modelling skills
- Ability to prepare, control and manage budgets
- Significant experience of/financial/technical/accounting/ Ledger maintenance
You will possess good leadership and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and support teams across finance coupled with building positive relationships with teams and leaders across the business to work collaboratively.
Ideally, you will have experience from a similar dynamic and complex business and have the ability to juggle multiple conflicting priorities, working to tight deadlines.
Our client is hoping to have the Principal Accountant in the role as soon as possible, therefore if you believe your experience meets the criteria above, please apply now for immediate consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.