East Midlands, England
£150 - £250 per day
3 months ago
My client are seeking an interim Principal Accountant to cover a vacant post for a period of 6/9 months. This is a vital role within the Council's Finance team and gives the successful applicant the chance to make a real difference within the organisation.
Key responsibilities of the Principal Accountant:
- Financial reporting to senior managers/budget holders
- Maintaining and monitoring budgets, bringing deviations, volatility and issues to the attention of budget holders and senior managers and working to resolve them
- Preparation of final accounts
- Preparing and finalising budgets through working collaboratively with cost centre managers
- Leading a team of 3 that undertakes preparation of annual capital and revenue budgets
- Lead, manage, develop, inform and motivate employees within the team to ensure the efficient, cost effective and responsive delivery of financial and accounting service
- Identifying and implementing improve ways of working, with a focus on the challenges of a faster closedown of accounts
The successful Senior Accountant will:
- Have experience of working in a Local Authority or Public Sector financial environment
- Have substantial experience gained in a complex environment of accounting functions including budgeting, monitoring, year-end closure, financial modelling and planning
- Have demonstrable experience of undertaking projects, policy/strategy development and implementation of accounting advice
- Be able to analyse highly complex situations and documentation, and from that analysis develop and implement innovative solutions and improvements
- Have extensive spreadsheet, word-processing and financial system IT skills
- Have in depth knowledge of management accountancy principles and systems
- Be a qualified accountant (CCAB) - i.e. CIPFA, CIMA, ICA, ACCA - or part-qualified with extensive experience and able to demonstrate continuing professional development
This contract is a fantastic challenge for the right candidate and offers both competitive rates as well as longevity.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.