£30000 - £37000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Principal Education (SEN) Paralegal
£30 - 37,000 per annum
A Principal Education Paralegal is required to join a large social enterprise firm on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join a large shared service arrangement which prides itself on being one of the market leaders for undertaking public sector work.
You will be working mainly on behalf of 3-4 key local government clients but will also be working with other local authority and public sector organisations. This is an exciting opportunity to manage a team of paralegals and provide a range of public sector clients with professional legal advice regarding special educational needs whilst supporting lawyers with their caseload.
You will provide support to lawyers and act as a point of contact on a variety of cases, to include;
- Managing a caseload comprising predominantly SEN tribunal cases
- Undertaking advocacy in case management hearings and final hearings in the first tier SEND tribunal and to instruct counsel where appropriate
- Supporting lawyers to include taking instructions and giving advice, carrying out research, preparing applications and responses, drafting documents and correspondence, liaising with witnesses, attending meetings and providing advice and representation in courts or tribunals
Our client is happy to consider candidates from either a public or private practice.
The role will be a hybrid working arrangement and you will have the opportunity to choose to work from 1 of 3 offices of your choice once per week - Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire or Bedfordshire.
Benefits of joining these shared legal service are:
- The ability to claim study leave whilst gaining valuable legal experience
- Financial support with ongoing CPD training within or outside the organisation of up to £2, 500 following probationary period, for example higher rights course
- Help and guidance with CILEX qualification and portfolio training
This is an exciting and progressive organisation which has seen candidates who are successful have the opportunity to develop their career professionally with securing training contracts and develop professionally and organically through the business.
If you are interested, please apply immediately to be considered for short-listing. Alternatively, should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying, please do not hesitate to contact Lewis Dainty in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.