5 months ago
Interesting long term contract for a legal professional who has recent local authority experience and has dealt with litigation matters, across a range of regulatory functions.
The successful Principal Lawyer will join the Enforcement team within a large, diverse London based Local Authority and will be expected to:
- Conducting litigation across areas such as; crime and anti-social behaviour, environmental health, licensing, and enforcement under the Housing Act 2004
- Lead a small team of lawyers dealing with a variety of enforcement matters, including some high profile cases
- Conducting advocacy where necessary
- Attend management meetings and advise at Licensing Committee; providing legal comments on committee reports relating to enforcement matters
- You must have previous experience of leading a team
- Licensing experience
- Qualified Solicitor/Barrister or FILEXwith significant PQE and hold a practicing certificate
This is a full time role, with flexible working and a competitive hourly rate on offer. The council is in a great location, easily accessible to public transport; however this role will be remote working for the forseeable.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for shortlisting. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Leah Edgar in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.