Manchester, Greater Manchester
£32000 - £38600 per annum + 27 days hols, pension, flexible working
3 months ago
Principal External Communications Officer
This is a great opportunity to join a high profile, public sector organisation in this newly created Principal Communications Officer role. Within this role, you will be responsible for leading on all digital external communications to stakeholders and the general public whilst looking to grow and develop the online profile of the organisation. You will develop engaging and creative content for a number of online channels as well as managing the organisations online presence.
As Principal External Communications Officer you will also be responsible for managing external specialist agencies, identifying improvements and delivering new approaches alongside keeping on top of new and emerging trends within this specialist area.
Essential skills and experience
- The successful candidate will demonstrate substantial experience of working in a multi-channel digital communications/marketing role.
- Demonstrable experience of development and maintenance of web-service technologies and content management systems.
- Current knowledge on digital communication methods and trends, including social media
- Ability to produce engaging and creative content
- Strong editorial direction; copy writing skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Candidates will hold a degree or equivalent experience in a relevant subject along with a relevant professional qualification, chartered status or equivalent experience.
- Previous public sector experience is highly desirable for this role.
As well as a great salary, this role also offers a generous holiday allowance, access to a competitive pension scheme, flexible working as well as other great benefits.
If you feel you have the necessary skills for this Principal External Communications Officer role, please apply now or contact Natalie Ferguson - HR Specialist at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.