Manchester, Greater Manchester
£170 - £230 per day
about 1 year ago
Principal External Communications Officer
Rate: £170-£230 per day
Duration: 3 months with the potential for extension
Sellick Partnership is seeking an External Communications Specialist to lead the delivery of complex digital communications for a fast-growing and high-profile Public Sector client.
Partnering with key stakeholders across the organisation, the successful candidate will apply their specialist expertise to design and develop new approaches to external communications activities, and will manage the External Communications Team to deliver professional communications services in line with the organisations values.
Key Responsibilities of the Principal External Communications Officer:
- Manage the delivery of all external communications (digital) activities/support services within the Communications Team, in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Support the development and maintenance of the organisation's various digital/social media communications content generation and marketing channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and the Intranet.
- Ensure the devising and delivery of digital communications and marketing campaigns support key organisational values, ensuring all content and media related activities reinforce positive perceptions of the organisations.
- Partner with relevant business areas to understand their goals and provide them with professional or technical external communications advice.
- Identify external communications issues and ensure effective implementation of appropriate action.
Key Requirements of the Principal External Communications Officer:
- Substantial experience working in a multi-channel digital communications/marketing role, with proven ability devising and delivering campaigns to support key organisational priorities.
- Extensive knowledge of current digital communications methods and trends, including social media.
- Ability to translate technical concepts and provide specialist guidance and advice to others.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to engage a variety of audiences.
- Proven experience managing, developing and motivating a team.
- Superior stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this Principal External Communications Officer position, then please apply now, or contact Natalie Ferguson, Specialist HR Recruiter at Sellick Partnership. I will be reviewing CVs on a weekly basis and suitable candidates will be contacted as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.