Brighton, East Sussex
£61844 - £82095 per annum
3 months ago
£61,844 - £82,095 per annum
12 month Fixed Term Contract
CLOSING DATE 8th FEBRUARY 2021
An opportunity has arisen for a Principal Litigation Lawyer to join the Litigation Team of a large Regulatory Body on a 12 month FTC.
As Principal Litigation Lawyer you will be an experienced Litigation lawyer with strong Commercial Litigation experience and a good understanding of Regulatory Litigation.
You will work closely with the Legal and frontline Regulation teams, you will provide advice and support on operational and policy matters to ensure probity, compliance with legislation and procedural rules and manage risk appropriately. You will also provide advice to key stakeholders at all levels, including the CEO.
Your advice will be high quality, consistent, timely, commercial and pragmatic and will cover Legal issues as well as Legal risk on a wide range of subjects, and in particular Litigation related matters.
You will direct and support complex, large and high profile/high risk commercial negotiations and be able to represent and support the organisation both internally and externally in a number of forums and proceedings.
- Identify and advise on client decisions that create unmanaged legal risk and/or legal risk
- Provide advice in relation to statutory powers and which facilitates the effective progression and management of cases, to meet statutory and policy objectives and organisational priorities
- Prepare cases for submission to the organisation's internal panel, or brought in the High Court/ Administrative Court and/or under appeal to higher courts
- Attend and effectively support counsel in preparation and at hearings and court/tribunal hearings
- Have experience/ be willing to conduct advocacy at hearings and other Regulatory / Civil and other relevant fora (subject to rights of audience).
Required skills and experience:
- Extensive experience as a solicitor or barrister with a current practicing certificate in England and Wales
- Comprehensive post qualification experience of providing clear, audience tailored, risk-based legal advice on a range of Commercial and Regulatory Litigation matters, such as insolvency / restructuring, fraud, financial misconduct, as well as substantial technical knowledge of those areas and applicable legislation
- Detailed and tactical working knowledge of investigative processes, procedure rules
- Comprehensive and relevant experience of working with other regulatory, investigatory, and prosecuting bodies (such as the FCA, HMRC and Insolvency Service)
Benefits of the role:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- Discretionary bonus arrangements
- Access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements
- Development opportunities
- Enhanced parental leave arrangements
- An excellent office location (all remote initially)
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply ASAP, or contact Amy Swain at Sellick Partnership for a confidential chat on 0161 513 0886, or via email on email@example.com.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.